26 September 2022
Deadline: 31 October 2022
Founded in 1997, the Federation of Catholic Family Associations in Europe (FAFCE) is an umbrella organisation with 32 Member and Observer associations from 19 European countries. Our Federation ensures the political representation of families both towards the European Union and the Council of Europe, and works to inspire the development of family associations in Europe and beyond. Our team is based in Brussels, in the premises of the Commission of the Catholic Bishops’ Conferences of the European Union (COMECE).
Type of contract: fixed term contract – with the possibility of an extension or a permanent contract.
Location: Brussels (Belgium). Travel opportunities to Strasbourg and other European cities.
- Development of a communication strategy.
- Fundraising development (prospect material, prospect research, events).
- External communication (Website, social media, trimestral newsletter).
- Internal communication (bi-monthly internal newsletters).
- Press officer (press relations).
- At least a first experience required with proved results in communication management and/or fundraising.
- Master degree in Media and Communication, International Relations or Public Affairs.
- Excellent written and spoken English (CEFR minimum level: C1 – Advanced) and fluency in German and/or French. Knowledge of a Slavic language is an asset.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about the European integration process and the functioning of the EU and international institutions.
- IT skills.
- Well organised, autonomous, able to show initiative and to work in a team.
The successful candidate will share the core values of FAFCE, which are rooted in the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church.
A letter of reference is required, which will confirm the adherence to the aforementioned values.
What to expect from this job?
- A meaningful working experience at the hearth of the European institutions.
- An enthusiastic working environment and a solid training in EU policies.
- Possibility to join the European Leadership Program (applications will open in December).
- Possibility for the fixed term contract to lead to a permanent contract.
How to apply?
Send your (1) CV, (2) cover letter and (3) reference letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: “FAFCE Communication Officer application“) BEFORE the 31st of October 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Applications should be addressed to: Mr Vincenzo Bassi, President of FAFCE (via email@example.com).
1st round of interviews: 2 – 11 November 2022
2nd round of interviews: 14 – 25 November 2022
Decision taken by the 6th of December 2022.