The Steering Group of the European Sunday Alliance
invites you to its Webinar on
“The right to disconnect and the need for a European weekly common day of rest”
Tuesday 1st of June 2021
via Zoom – in English
Please register by the 28th of May 2021.
FAFCE is an active member of the European Sunday Alliance, a broad network of more than 100 national Sunday alliances, trade unions, employers’ organisations, civil society organisations, churches and religious communities working to raise awareness of the unique value of synchronised free time for our European societies.
This webinar follows-up from our recent activities on the Right to Disconnect and aims to raise awareness on the need to establish at the EU level a weekly common day of rest for all EU citizens. It will involve key EU stakeholders, including
- MEP Dennis Radtke (EPP, Germany), Sponsor of the European Sunday Alliance
- MEP Alex Agius Saliba (S&D, Malta), Rapporteur of the European Parliament’s recent Resolution on “the right to disconnect”
- MEP Miriam Lexmann (EPP, Slovakia), Member of the European Parliament Intergroup on family-work balance
- MEP Patrizia Toia (S&D, Italy), Co-Chair of the European Parliament’s Intergroup on Social Economy
- Mr. Max Uebe, Head of Unit ‘Employment Strategy’ at the European Commission, in charge of the dossier of the right to disconnect at the European Commission
The event will be moderated by Hendrik Meerkamp from the European Confederation of Independent Trade Unions (CESI).