Brussels, 23 March 2023
Founded in 1997, the Federation of Catholic Family Associations in Europe represents 32 family associations and organisations from 16 European Countries. The Federation has a participatory status with the Council of Europe and is a member of the Platform for Fundamental Rights of the European Union.
Application deadline: 17th of April 2023
Profile of the position:
As our new Policy Officer, you will be an essential member of the FAFCE team. You will be in charge of:
- the legislative monitoring of the EU institutions (European Commission’s legislative initiatives, EU Presidencies, European Parliament’s plenaries, etc.);
- researching for the preparation of meetings, background notes and drafts (EU law research, production of expertise on family-related topics);
- attending and reporting from meetings, representing the Federation, when needed.
- university degree in Political Sciences, International Relations, Public Affairs,
Law or Economics.
- working experience of at least two years in a European Institution or NGO.
- excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
Fluent in English and another EU language (good command of both the spoken and written components – CEFR Level: C1 – Advanced). German and/or French are an asset.
The successful candidate will share the core values of FAFCE, which are rooted in the social and moral teaching of the Roman Catholic Church.
A letter of reference is required, which will confirm the adherence to the aforementioned values.
Contract and salary:
Permanent contract. Salary commensurate with experience plus extra-legal benefits package.
Place of Employment:
Brussels, Belgium (FAFCE Office). On occasional basis, travels to Strasbourg or another European city will be required.
How to apply:
Please send your 1) CV, 2) cover letter and 3) letter of reference in pdf format addressed to Vincenzo Bassi (Mr.), President (email@example.com) with the subject line “JOB OFFER – POLICY OFFICER”. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.